[ yeondubu dalgyal jjim ]
Haven’t had enough tofu in your life?
Here is another soft tofu recipe that you might like.
I mixed with eggs and pour some chicken stock and turn them into savory custard-like pudding dish that you can serve warm. This Tofu and Egg Pudding is a protein packed winter comfort food, and the good news? You can make this in your microwave.
This pudding is great to eat own its own or serve over rice with a little bit of kimchi on the side, and you have a complete meal.
During the busy holiday season, I want my meal to be simple and quick to prepare, yet still made from scratch to obtain all the nutritional benefits. And this dish fits the bill.
If you like soft (silken) tofu and eggs, I have a feeling that this dish might become your routine.
I am a sesame seeds fanatic. Maybe that’s why I am so wacky.
I divide the mixture in half and pour the half in my serving bowl. You can pour the entire amount in a large bowl or distribute in individual ramekin dishes to serve individually. You need to adjust cooking time accordingly
Place the bowl in a microwave and cover with a plate (microwave safe) on top. Cook for 6-8 minutes on high power.
(To cook the entire recipe, cooking time will be about 10+ minutes. If divided into individual dishes, reduce the cooking time to 3-5 minutes)
The pudding will be very hot when you take out. So, please, be cautious. Let it sit for a few minutes to avoid burning your tongue before you dig in. The puffy top will sink down a little but not too much.
Lovely savory pudding is ready to serve. It goes well with any Korean meal as a side or just like I did; I ate it as a breakfast with my quinoa pumpkin rice.
The handy-dandy printable recipe is below. Enjoy!
- 9 oz silken tofu
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salted shrimps or ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Place silken tofu in a mesh strainer over a mixing bowl and mash the tofu with the back of a spoon. You will have smoothly mashed tofu in a bowl.
- In another small bowl, beat eggs. Seive the beaten eggs through the strainer as well.
- Add chicken stock to tofu and egg mixture and mix well. If using salted shrimps, finely mince them and add in to the mixture or use salt. Add green onions and sesame seeds to the mixture and combine everything.
- Divide the mixture into 2-4 microwave-safe serving bowls and cover with plates (microwave-safe) on top. Heat the mixture on a high power setting in a microwave, 6-8 minutes for 2 bowls or 3-4 minutes for 4 bowls.
- When done, the pudding will be very hot so be very cautious. Serve hot.