20-Minute Mango Chicken Stir-fry
Mango chicken stir-fry is a healthy and delicious dish that can be prepared in just 20 minutes! This Thai inspired dish combines lean chicken breast with fresh mango in a slightly sweet and tangy sauce, making it a tasty meal for busy weeknights without spending too much time in the kitchen.
I recently tried a delicious mango chicken stir-fry at one of my favorite Asian bistro restaurants and fell in love with it. So, I decided to make it at home and it took me only 20 minutes from start to finish!
The sweet mango slices and lean chicken breast are a perfect match, and the green peppers add a nice crunch. This Thai-inspired mango chicken dish is a healthier and quicker alternative to deep-fried sweetened chicken.
Plus, a store-bought Thai sweet chili sauce with a little bit of lime juice and fish sauce brings the flavor punch to the chicken and mango. It’s perfect for a fast and flavorful Asian weeknight meal. Trust me, you’ll love it!
About this mango chicken stir-fry recipe
Here are some reasons why you’ll love this mango chicken stir-fry recipe:
- Easy and quick: It takes only 20 minutes from start to finish, making it a perfect meal for busy weeknights. The stir-fry technique ensures that the dish is fast and easy to prepare, and the simple ingredient list makes it accessible for any home cook.
- Basic pantry ingredients: You don’t need any fancy or exotic ingredients to make this dish. Everything you need can be found in a basic pantry, such as boneless chicken breast, ripe mango, bell pepper, onion, Thai chili sauce, lime juice, fish sauce, and vegetable oil.
- Healthy and nutritious: This mango chicken stir-fry is a healthy and nutritious meal that is packed with protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. The lean chicken breast provides a good source of protein, while the fresh mango and vegetables add essential vitamins and minerals to your diet.
- Kid and family friendly recipe: Kids and adults alike will love this mango chicken stir-fry. The sweet and tangy flavor of the mango appeals to kids’ taste buds, while the lean protein and veggies provide essential nutrients for growing bodies. Plus, the colorful and appetizing presentation makes it a fun and enjoyable meal for the whole family.
- Fresh mango taste every bite: The fresh mango in this dish is the star ingredient, adding a sweet and tangy flavor to every bite. The juicy and fragrant mango slices complement the savory chicken and vegetables, making it a delicious and refreshing meal that is perfect for any time of the year.
- Versatile dish: You can customize this versatile dish to your liking. You can use different vegetables, such as carrots, or snow peas, to add variety and color to the dish. You can also adjust the level of tanginess to your preference by adding more or less lime juice.
- Chicken breast: Provides a lean and healthy source of protein that is commonly used in stir-fry dishes. When cooked properly, it has a mild flavor and a tender texture.
- Mango: Boasts a tropical fruit flavor that is sweet, juicy, and has a fragrant aroma. When paired with savory dishes, such as chicken stir-fry, it adds a refreshing taste to the dish.
- Onion: Adds a sweet and savory flavor to dishes.
- Green pepper: Brings a crunchy and colorful texture to the dish with a slight bitterness.
- Thai chili sauce: Gives a spicy and tangy kick to dishes with its blend of chili peppers, vinegar, sugar, and spices. It adds heat and depth of flavor to dishes.
- Lime juice: Offers a bright and tangy flavor to dishes that helps balance out the heat and saltiness of the dish. It is often used in Asian cuisine.
- Fish sauce: Infuses a savory and salty flavor to dishes with its fermented fish base. It is commonly used in Southeast Asian cuisine to add a rich and umami taste.
How to Make Chicken Mango Stir-Fry
Step 1. Make the sauce first.
Mix Thai sweet chili sauce, fish sauce, and lime juice in a small bowl. Make sure to mix well and set aside for later use.
Step 2. Slice chicken breast
Slice the chicken breast into thin, long strips to match the mango strips or cut them into any size you desire.
Step 3. Cut mango and green pepper
You can cut the pepper and mango into the same size as the chicken strips. However, I would suggest cutting the mango slightly thicker to prevent them from breaking easily as you stir-fry.
Step 4. Stir-fry
Start by stir-frying the chicken first, then add the green pepper and cook until they reach a crisp-tender consistency. Finally, add the sauce to the pan and stir everything together.
Step 5. Add mango slices
Lastly, add the mango slices and green onion to the pan, and toss everything together to coat well. And that’s all there is to it!
Congratulations, you now have a delicious chicken and mango stir-fry that is ready in just 20 minutes from start to finish! The combination of tender chicken, crunchy peppers, and sweet mango is a taste sensation that’s hard to beat.
For the perfect serving suggestion, pair this scrumptious stir-fry with a bowl of steamed rice. It’s all you need to enjoy this delicious and nutritious meal. Don’t wait any longer to try it out!
More Easy Recipes Like This
- Authentic Filipino Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Simple Mapo Tofu Recipe
- Easy and Authentic Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
- Quick Yaki Udon (Stir-Fried Udon Noodles)
- Simple Egg Fried Rice
- Pork Belly Recipe (Butadon)
20-Minute Mango Chicken Stir-fry
- 2 chicken breast halves, sliced into thin strips
- 2 small mango, sliced into thick and large strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Mix Thai sweet chili sauce, fish sauce, and lime juice in a small bowl. Make sure to mix well and set aside for later use.
- Heat oil in a skillet over med-high heat. Start by stir-frying the chicken first, then add the green pepper and cook until they reach a crisp-tender consistency. Finally, add the sauce to the pan and stir everything together.
- Add the mango slices and green onion to the pan, and toss everything together to coat well. And that's all there is to it! Serve hot with streamed rice.