So I made this ultimate “stomach comfort” dish that can sooth your soul as well — with cream sauce that you will love!!!Rice cakes are NOT your weight watcher’s dream food.
First thing first! Soak rice cakes in water. If your cakes are freshly made–no need to.
Just fry the bacon until tender crisp. Remove from the pan.
Just use paper towel to soak them up, but leave about 1 Tbsp in the pan though.
I used Vidalia sweet onion but you can use leek (only white and light green part).
Saute onion and garlic in the reserved bacon fat until tender.
Season these guys with salt and pepper along the way.
They thickens quite fast since rice has lots of starch.
Adding a dash nutmeg is an optional but you will love what this adds to the flavor in the cream sauce.
Sprinkle the bacon pieces on top when you serve.
plus the crunch salty bite from the bacon!
but don’t look at your tummy afterward.
Just remember my comforting word to you.
“A waist is terrible thing to mind”
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp tender. Crumble or chop the bacon to small pieces, set aside.
- With kitchen paper towel wipe off bacon fat but reserve about 1 Tbsp of fat in the skillet.
- Add onion and garlic to the skillet and saute until tender over medium heat. Add bell pepper and continue to saute for another 2 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add rice cakes and cream and let them cook until the sauce gets thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese and nutmeg, stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Add peas and parsley, toss well.
- To serve sprinkle bacon on top of rice cakes along with more parsley and peas if you like.
- Serve immediately.