Crispy on the outside and chewy inside, these toffee chocolate chip cookies are the best!
Who wouldn’t love freshly baked cookies that are crispy on the outside and chewy inside? These toffee chocolate chip cookies are the best! The deep golden crust on the cookies is assuring the texture that everyone is looking for when it comes to chocolate chip cookies.
I bake chocolate chip cookies on the regular bases since my family is literally addicted to them. Although I love every kind of chocolate chip cookie recipes under the moon, these toffee chocolate chip surprised me more than I expected.
Not only the crisp chewy texture that I always long for chocolate chip cookies, the flavor of cookies are fantastic. There are a few details I need to share how these toffee chocolate chip cookies are made differently.
- I used dark brown sugar and I used a lot more than white sugar. That brings the delectable toffee flavor into these cookies. They also stay fresh longer due to the amount of molasses in the dark brown sugar.
- These cookies are made with mini chocolate chips. I love how the little morsels of chocolate chips are distributed evenly in every cookie.
- I let them chill in the fridge for two days. If you don’t have the time to wait, chilling for just one hour still yields better texture than no chilling at all.
- When you chill, the moisture of the eggs incorporates withe flour and creates the crisp texture on the outside. I highly recommend the chilling, but no longer than two days, though.
- Try making your your toffee chocolate chip cookies big. A 1/4 cup amount per each cookie is a good size. (I used 1/4 cup cookie scoop). They will surely brings a smile to people.
More Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup Heath English toffee bits
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add the egg, egg yolk, and beat until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and beat.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and toffee bits and stir until combined. Using a 1/4 cup amount cookie scoop as a guide, scoop the dough into a ball and place them on a platter. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour to 2 days. I recommend to chill 2 days for the best texture.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Line a cookie sheet with a parchment paper.
- Place chilled cookie dough balls on a cookie sheet, placing apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges of cookies turn light golden. Rest the cookies in a sheet for 2-3 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack and cool completely.