Enjoy this simple Indian beef curry for your easy weeknight dinner. It is quick and easy with just a few ingredients.
Do you have a pound of ground beef and looking for an easy weeknight dinner idea? Here is a simple ground beef curry recipe you can try. This delicious Indian curry (aka beef Keema curry) is simple, easy and quick to prepare. You don’t need to be an Indian food expert to try this ground beef curry recipe. Therefore, this is a perfect curry that anyone can try out. Even if you are a novice in Indian cuisine. Check my tutorial video for detailed cooking instructions.
The ground beef is simmered in a tomato based chicken broth flavored with basic Indian spices that most of us already have in our pantry. Which means, there is no need to run to the Indian food specialty store to get the exotic spices.
All you need to make this curry is a pound of ground beef, onion, ginger, garlic, tomatoes, peas (I used frozen peas), chicken stock, and a handful of fresh cilantro.
For the spice, you will need cumin powder, curry powder, and cayenne pepper. If you don’t want this curry to be too spicy, you can omit the cayenne pepper, and that is perfectly fine.
Enjoy the nice aroma coming out of a pot of simmering curry filling in your kitchen as you wait. That is to say, the simmering time is only for 10-15 minutes total. Serve this simple ground beef curry with fluffy Basmati rice or Naan bread and you are good to go.
More Delicious Curry Dishes
Ground Beef Curry
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- pinches salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat, add the onion, garlic, ginger and cook until soft.
- Add the spices and stir for a few seconds. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes and stir. Pour the chicken stock and stir to combine. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes over med-low heat.
- Add the soy sauce and stir. Season more with salt and pepper if needed. Add the peas and simmer for 5 more minutes
- Lastly add the cilantro and serve with Basmati rice or Naan