These chocolate chip wheat germ cookies are irresistibly crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. They are a wholesome yet indulgent treat!
Oh, my goodness! These chocolate chip wheat germ cookies stole my heart. They are the “crispy outside, chewy inside” chocolate chip cookies that everyone is yearning for.
Everyone in my family is a huge fan of chocolate chip cookies, in all their varieties. I often dream of finding the ultimate chocolate chip cookie recipe that I can hand down to my children and grandchildren.
These chocolate chip wheat germ cookies will enter Holly’s Hall of Fame “Best Chocolate Chip Cookies” recipe collection. And it will be cherished among my people.
More Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
- The Best Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- NY Times Chocolate Chip Cookies
Since the recipe calls for a good amount of wholesome wheat germ, I would feel only half bad even if I have a second cookie. At least I have the excuse that I am eating something good for my body.
Ingredients For Chocolate Chip Wheat Germ Cookies
- wheat germ
- quick oats
- chopped pecans
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
Of course, there’s also butter, sugars, egg, leavener, etc.–all things that make a cookie a cookie.
A bottle of wheat germ is easily accessible in any grocery store. You can sprinkle in your cereal or salad, or add some to your yogurt or smoothie. It can provide significant health benefits to your dietary system. So don’t be afraid to add it to your favorite cookie recipe or other baked goods.
If you love chocolate chip cookies and are looking for something wholesome, yet soft and chewy, try my recipe. I guarantee that you won’t regret it.
These chocolate chip wheat germ cookies don’t require chilling of the cookie dough, unlike other gourmet cookie recipes. Therefore no one gets anxious waiting for hours or overnight for freshly baked cookies. They bake beautifully in your oven and spread to just the right thickness, as you can see.
The only regret…?
I only made a dozen of them. What was I thinking? But they are slightly big cookies, almost twice the size of most of medium sized cookies, so one cookie can fill you up. That is to say, my teenage son had two of these cookies in less than 10 seconds. I had to stop him when he was reaching out for a third. I live with a cookie monster.
Convection Oven: I like a convection oven for baking cookies. The hot air blown inside the oven helps cookies become crisper outside than the conventional oven, which also helps creating those adorable cracks on the surface.
Step 1: Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, oats, and wheat germ together; set aside.
Step 2: In an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars on medium speed until fluffy. Add an egg and vanilla extract. Beat well for 2 minutes.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredient mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
Step 4: I like my cookies bigger in size. So I used a 3 tablespoon sized cookie scoop. You can make them smaller or bigger, being careful to adjust the baking time as needed.
Step 5: Wet your fingers with water and press down the cookie balls slightly. Bake them in a preheated 350˚F oven for 12-14 minutes. Let the cookies rest on a pan for 2 minutes. Transfer them to a cooling rack and cool completely.
If you like this post or have tried this recipe, please rate it below by clicking stars in the comment section. Stay in touch with me on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
Chocolate Chip Wheat Germ Cookies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecan
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a cookie pan with parchment paper or baking mat; set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, oats, and wheat germ together; set aside.
- In an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars on medium speed until fluffy. Add an egg and vanilla extract. Beat well for 2 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, take 3 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place cookie balls on a prepared pan, spacing apart about 2-inch in between.
- Wet your fingers with water and press down the cookie balls slightly. Bake them in a preheated 350˚F oven for 12-14 minutes. Let the cookies rest on a pan for 2 minutes. Transfer them to a cooling rack and cool completely.