Here are variety of authentic Korean kimchi recipes that you can easily make at home. Homemade kimchi is a staple side dish in Korean cuisine and traditional kimchi offers many health benefits from fermentation. All recipes come with step-by-step instructions.
Homemade kimchi is always better and healthier. Here are 15+ most well known and authentic Korean kimchi recipes. Learn more about each kimchi and try making it at home.
And there you have it – 15+ Different Types of Kimchi Recipes that you can try at home! I hope this list brought you some inspiration for your Korean cooking adventure.
15+ Authentic Korean Kimchi Recipes: Quick Bok Choy Kimchi
- 1 1/2 lb bok choy halved or quartered lengthwise
- 6 cup water sliced
- 1/3 cup Korean coarse sea salt
- Place clean bok choy in a large mixing bowl.
- Dissolve the sea salt in water and pour over to bok choy. Let it sit for 30 minutes, then drain.
- To make the kimchi filling, puree onion, apple, and garlic with 1/4 cup of sea kelp stock in a blender until smooth. Add the sliced red chilies and pulse the mixture until the chilies are processed into small pieces.
- Put the pureed mixture into a medium mixing bowl. Add the Korean chili flakes, anchovy sauce, and ginger puree. Mix well.
- Toss the bok choy with the kimchi seasoning paste. Be gentle when you are coating the bok choy with the paste so that you don't bruise them.
- Store your bok choy kimchi in an airtight container. You can let it ferment at room temperature for one day if you like a fermented taste. Otherwise keep your bok choy kimchi in the refrigerator at all times. It will still ferment but slowly. This kimchi should be consumed within 3 weeks.