So here I am.
I used a can spam because that’s what I happened to have. You can use pork belly meat instead if you want to go all natural.
Anyway, here is the world’s easiest Kimchee(Kimchi) stew and it tastes fantabulous…
Only 4 ingredients this time and I’m LOVING it!
Slice onion and spread on the bottom of stew pot.
Here is the can of spam in case you never seen it before.
But I stick with my original plan. Slice the spam babe.
Scatter half the spam on top of onion…
You MUST use very fermented Kimchi for the stew recipe.
Just dump over onion and spam in the pot.
Put the rest of spam slices on top.
Pour chicken stock just enough to cover your Kimchi…
Put the lid on but leave a little space so it doesn’t boil over.
Kimchee Jjigae 2, the easiest Korean stew you can make
- 1 1/2 lb fermented kimchee or kimchi
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 12 oz can low sodium spam sliced
- 2 1/2 C or more low sodium chicken stock
- In a pot place onion on the bottom, and put half the spam on top. Evenly distribute kimchee slices over and put the rest of the spam slices on top of kimchee.
- Pour chicken stock over enough to cover the kimchee. Boil first and reduce the heat to low. Cover with a lid and simmer for 20-25 minutes until kimchee gets tender.
- Serve hot with rice.
- The stew tastes better on the next day.