I used to hate avocados. I didn’t understand why some people were crazy about them. I almost threw up when I first tasted them. They were mushy and couldn’t stand the raw flavor. The same goes to the cilantro as well. The fragrance was too strong, that I felt like it overpowered the entire dish. There are many Koreans, including my own brother, who can’t stand the cilantro.
Taste bud changes. I now enjoy avocados more than I need to, and I can’t get enough cilantro. Funny, isn’t it?
I tried this avocado cilantro pesto sauce, and it turned out really well. If you have some well ripen avocado, cilantro, jaloeño, almonds, lime juice, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil, you can make the exotic pesto sauce within 5 minutes in a food processor. Life can’t be any easier than that.
The recipe is very simple and you can adjust the amount of each ingredient according to your taste. I like that.
If you love avocados, try it. I think you will like it. ~ Holly
Avocado Cilantro Pesto Sauce
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 avocado peeled and seeded
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 1/2 jalopeño pepper seeded
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2-3 pinches pepper
- In a food processor, pulse almond a few times until they become coarsely chopped.
- Add avocado, cilantro, jalopeño, and lime juice. Blend smooth as you pour in the olive oil in a processor.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with cooked pasta and serve immediately.