Shrimp and tomatoes are simmered in lemon butter sauce. Bottled clam juice and fresh herbs makes this dish flavorful and delicious.
I love the combination of shrimp and tomatoes in a dish. They cook fast and very flavorful. And you add the salivating lemon butter sauce? That is a match made in heaven. Here is the shrimp and tomatoes in lemon butter sauce recipe that I got from the Food Network. I tweaked a little bit so that it fits my taste bud, and it turns out wonderful.
The addition of a bottled clam juice is an ingenious idea to add the intensive flavor to the sauce. It goes really well with the lemon and velvety butter. This recipe is very quick and easy to prepare. If you want something fast and flavorful for a busy weeknight meal, look no further. I gurantee it will become a hit and everyone would love it – If they love shrimp.
For the Shrimp
The main ingredients are simple. Look for large shrimps rather than small. It looks nicer and more flavorful. I like to use vine-ripe cherry tomatoes for their sweetness it adds to the sauce. You can use the shopped up plum tomatoes as well.
Season the shrimps with salt and pepper lightly.
Sear the shrimp in hot olive oil until they just turn pink. You don’t need to cook completely at this stage. Transfer the shrimp into a platter.
Prepare the Lemon Butter Sauce
Heat a little more oil in a skillet and add the garlic and dried chili. Break off the chili with your hands. If you want it less spicy, you can remove some of the seeds. Saute them for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Pour the clam juice and simmer over medium low heat for 5 minutes or until the juice reduces in half.
Add the small cubes of butter to the sauce and let them melt.
Return the shrimp and tomatoes and simmer for another 2 minutes until shrimps are fully cooked and the tomatoes are tender.
Drizzle the fresh squeezed lemon juice and stir. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
Lastly, add the fresh herbs like cilantro, parsley, or chives. The fresh herbs boost up the flavor of the sauce and makes the whole dish look very appetizing as well.
Serve with Pasta or Rice?
You can serve this shrimp and tomatoes over pasta but I like mine with Jasmin rice to soak up all the good flavor. Don’t forget to drizzle the yummy lemon butter sauce.
Anyone who enjoys shrimp will love this dish. In fact, anyone who doesn’t love shrimp might change their mind of shrimps.
More Shrimp Recipes
- Shrimp with Mixed Herb Pesto
- Vietnamese Mango Shrimp Salad (Gỏi Xoài)
- Squid Shrimp Stir-fry with Soybean Paste
Shrimp and Tomatoes in Lemon Butter Sauce
- 2 lb large shrimp cleaned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 dried chili chopped
- 1 (8 oz) bottled clam juice
- 3 tbsp butter cut into small chunks
- 1 pack 8 oz cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp cilantro, parsley, or chives chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper lightly. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high, add the shrimp and sear until they turn pink. Transfer the shrimp to a platter and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet, add the garlic and dried chili; saute for 30 seconds. Add the clam juice and let it reduce over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until it reduces in half.
- Add the butter to the sauce and melt. Add the shrimp and tomatoes to the skillet and let the whole thing simmer for 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and toss well. Taste and season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle the fresh herbs; toss and serve immediately over rice or pasta.