I am sure so many people enjoy the world famous Korean beef “Bulgogi” but not many of them have tried the crispy version. Traditional Bulgogi requires several hours marinating time but my crispy Bulgogi recipe only needs 15 minutes. It is quick and easy, and oh, so delicious!
I made this crispy Korean beef recipe a while ago and loved by many people. However, I upgraded this time to be even better and quicker. Last time I used thin beef cutlet slices. I pounded the beef with the back of knife to tenderize it. With this version, I am just using a package of very thin Bulgogi cuts you can easily get from the Korean market (usually come in frozen). If you don’t have an access to the Korean stores, just use the thinnest possible beef cutlet and follow my old version method. Either way, they are still good and crispy!
You can make this fabulous Crispy Bulgogi in less than 30 minutes. Serve with rice and simple Korean side dish such as Korean cucumber salad. Your family will be very happy.
Crispy Bulgogi (Korean Beef)
- 2 lb Korean beef bulgogi slices
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine optional
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1-2 tbsp oil for cooking
- Cut the bulgogi slices in half and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the cooking oil and toss well with your hand with a massaging motion for 1 minute. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Take a handful of beef mixture and flatten down on your palm, then add it to the hot skillet. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until browned. Cook a few pieces at a time. Serve hot with rice.