Invest 10 minutes to make this satisfying ramen and vegetable stir-fry. All you need is a packet or ramen (Korean ramen preferred), any vegetable you have in your fridge. Egg and bonito topping is an optional choice.
If you like instant ramen noodles and want a different way of enjoying it, here is one idea -10-minute ramen stir-fry with vegetables! You will be surprised how good it tastes and how easily you can make this noodle bowl recipe.
Ramen Stir-fry with Leftover Vegetables
This recipe is a great way to use up the leftover vegetables from your kitchen. Any vegetables will work. The vegetables I had in my fridge were;
- red pepper
- leek (or green onion)
You can use carrot, zucchini, squash, spinach, kale, bok choy, etc.
If you want to add some animal protein, try leftover roasted chicken, pork, or shrimp to this ramen stir-fry.
For me, I just topped mine with a fried egg. Whatever pleases you, put them in. The result is a quick, delicious, and satisfying noodle bowl in just 10 minutes.
I recommend using Korean spicy ramen. Any brand works.
How to make Ramen and Vegetable Stir-Fry
First, Bring a pot of water to boil, add the ramen noodles and cook slightly shorter than the package direction, about 3-4 minutes. Drain the noodles in a colander.
Ramen noodle cooking tip: Cook the noodles slightly less than the package instructions. Drain in a colander.
While noodle is boiling, stir-fry the vegetables until soft, about 3 minutes.
Sprinkle about 2/3 of the seasoning packet that comes in the package to the vegetables and continue to stir-fry. There is no need to make a separate sauce to season. So convenient, right?
Add the noodles to the vegetables and mix. Drizzle a few drops of sesame oil at the end if you like. That’s all!
Topping Option for Ramen noodle Bowl
You can enjoy this stir-fried ramen and vegetables as is. It makes a great vegetarian noodle dish.
If you want it to be more satisfying meal with extra flavor, top with a fried egg and some bonito flakes (aka katsuobushi). Crumbled roasted seaweed would be a nice addition as well.
The ramen noodles are so chewy and delicious. With this simple recipe, you can create a plate of semi-homemade fried noodles with a fraction of time, cost and effort. Now that is what I call, “smart cooking”. Enjoy~!
More Quick Noodle Recipes
10-Minute Ramen Stir-Fry with Vegetables
- 1 packet ramen (both noodles and seasoning pouch) Korean ramen preferred
- 2 cup assorted sliced vegetables; such as cabbage, onion, pepper, zucchini, green onion, carrot
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg fried (optional)
- handful bonito flakes (katsuobush) optional
- handful crumbled roasted seaweed optional
- Separate the ramen noodles and the seasoning pouch from the packet.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, add the ramen noodles and cook slightly shorter than the package direction, about 3-4 minutes. Drain the noodles in a colander.
- While noodle is boiling, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, stir-fry vegetables until soft yet crisp, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle 2/3 of the ramen seasoning powder and continue to stir-fry.
- Add the rinsed ramen noodle to the skillet and toss together. Turn off the heat and drizzle sesame oil if you like.
- Serve with an fried egg and bonito flakes (or roasted seaweed) as you wish.