You will only need onions, soy sauce and olive oil. I added a little Korean style corn syrup and sesame seeds for extra lust and nuttiness, but you can omit them. It is extremely simple to make and delicious to top a bowl of rice. Perfectly vegetarian and vegan worthy.
Sprinkle lots of toasted love, the sesame seeds! And the lovely soy braised onion is ready to serve with rice. As it gets cool, the moisture from the onion will ooze out and the juice is delicious to drizzle over the rice.
I served myself this sweet onion dish with my Steamed Egg Pudding over a rice for lunch and I was satisfied.
What a great way to enjoy the goodness of onion! Yum!
- 2 Vidalia onions, sliced in ½" thickness
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Korean corn syrup, optional
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over med-low heat, add onions and stir for 2 minutes until slightly soft.
- Add water and soy sauce, continue to cook until the onions are very soft and the liquid in a skillet is almost disappeared. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Serve with rice.