I HATED it.
I finally became a grown-up, hallelujah!
Have you seen green radishes?
So my verdict is; go with Korean one!
How can you go wrong with simple food?
Grab your typical Korean pantry stuff;
Soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, Korean chili flakes, rice wine, green onion, garlic, radish, a little piece of beef, and a little bit of sugar that I missed in the photo.
First, time to shine your cutting skills. Cut beef into thin matchsticks (cross grain).
Add soy sauce, garlic, sugar and sesame oil to them…
and toss them together with your hand. Set aside.
Here is Mr. Green without his jacket.
He reminds me of Mr. Oz in some place over the rainbow.
Slice him into 1/4″ thick matchsticks.
Get your rice ready to cook. I mixed white and brown rice together.
You will need less water than usual since radishes will yield lots of moisture.
Put radishes on top of rice…
and the beef on top of radishes. Just scatter them around.
Now go sit down and watch your favorite food network shows for 20 minutes.
Chop a green onion,
mix with other dressing ingredients. You will like to use lots of sesame oil.
Go unveil your rice cooker and you will see this. Then you will want to toss them.
When you toss them…
you will find the nice rice “fond (like the kind in Paella)” on the bottom – a flavorful rice crust.
Gently toss all together.
I can see my white rice, brwon rice, radishes, and beef…, all mingled and harmonized.
you will want to mix them with the dressing when you serve.
The beef is tender, of course.
“EAT YOUR RADISHES!”
- 1 lb Korean radish or daikon
- 1/3 lb (100g) beef (any cut), cut into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp rice wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup short grain white rice
- 1 cup short grain brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp Korean chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- In a small mixing bowl, combine beef with soy sauce, sugar, garlic, sesame oil, and rice wine. Toss them well and set aside.
- Peel the radish and slice into 1/4" thick matchsticks.
- Wash and rinse rice, drain. Place rice in the rice cooker with 2 cups water. Place radishes and marinated beef on top of rice. Cook rice in the normal setting of your rice cooker.
- Meanwhile combine dressing ingredients. When rice is ready, toss them gently to mix. Scoop into a serving bowl and drizzle 1 Tbsp of dressing on top and mix them well. Serve warm.