I do cook with Swiss chard often; Swiss chard soup or Swiss chard with brown rice are some of the dishes that I make on the regular basis.
Here is another recipe that I made that turned out great. It is Swiss chard fritters with Parmesan cheese. Very simple to make and enjoyable to munch as snack, these fritters will be the perfect finger food or side dish for everyone. Even the little people who hasn’t developed the taste bud for the goodness of greens would like them. Mine did!
Cook the chard in the boiling water with a little bit of salt.
Chop up to small pieces…
and squeeze out the excess moisture.
Add the rest ingredients including the grated Parmesan cheese.
Mix all together.
Fry them in oil until golden brown and…
… enjoy the goodness of your not-so-hard labor of love.
You can dip them in a soy + lemon juice dipping sauce or any type of dipping sauce of your choice but I like mine just plain, the way it is without any dipping. They were just rightly seasoned. Delicious!
- 1 small bunch Swiss Chard
- 1/2 onion finely minced
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 to 1-1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- If the tip of the stem part of Swiss chard is tough, cut them off. Cook the chard in boiling water with a little bit of salt. Drain and rinse with cold water. Squeeze out excess water.
- Chop the chard into small pieces and squeeze out again to remove excess water but not to be totally dry.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Swiss chard, flour, eggs, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Spoon up the mixture in oil and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Drain the excess oil on a paper towel and serve hot as is or with the dipping sauce of your choice.