Have a bunch of Swiss chard? Try this quick and easy Swiss chard fritters with Parmesan cheese and other simple pantry ingredients you might already have. These simple fritters make a quick snack and delicious!
I do cook with Swiss chard often; Swiss chard soup or Swiss chard with brown rice are some of the dishes that I make on the regular basis.
Here is another recipe that I made that turned out great. It is Swiss chard fritters with Parmesan cheese. It’s very simple to make and you can enjoy as a somewhat healthy snack.
Also these fritters will be a perfect finger food or a side dish for everyone. Even the little people who hasn’t developed the taste bud for the deep green vegetables would like them. Mine did!
How to Make Swiss Chard Fritters
Cook the chard in the boiling water with a little bit of salt. Drain and rinse with cold water. Squeeze out the water.
Chop finely into small pieces
Squeeze them out again to remove the excess moisture.
Put the chard in a mixing bowl and add the rest of ingredients including the grated Parmesan cheese.
Mix all together.
Heat oil over medium to medium low heat. Pan-fry them until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes each side.
Enjoy the goodness of your not-so-hard labor of love.
You can dip them in a soy + lemon juice dipping sauce or any type of dipping sauce of your choice. But I like mine just plain, the way it is without any dipping. They were just rightly seasoned. Delicious!
More Vegetable Snacks You Will Like
- Deep-Fried Winter Vegetables (Vegetable Tempura)
- Korean Radish Pancakes (Mujeon)
- Crispy Spinach Pancakes
Quick and Easy Swiss Chard Fritters
- 1 small bunch Swiss Chard
- 1/2 onion finely minced
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 to 1-1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp oil for pan-frying
- If the tip of the stem part of Swiss chard is tough, cut them off. Cook the chard in boiling water with a little bit of salt. Drain and rinse with cold water. Squeeze out excess water.
- Chop the chard into tiny pieces and squeeze out again to remove excess water but not to be totally dry.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Swiss chard, flour, eggs, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Spoon up the mixture in oil and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Adjust the heat if it browns too quickly.
- Place the fritters on a paper towel to remove the excess oil. Serve hot as is or with the dipping sauce of your choice.