I am happy to be back on blogging.
The smellier, the better… 🙂
Chop these bacon brothers. Set aside.
Get rid of them.
You don’t want kimchee juice all over you, do you?
Chop your Kimchee any way you like…
Heat your pan and brown the bacon strips
Nah! Let’s eat a little healthier.
You will need some fat to cook Kimchee with.
Add the chopped Kimchee and saute them
for about 5 minutes until they get nice and tender.
Add heated leftover rice to the pan and mix with Kimchee well.
Add some Kimchee juice to the pan. Mix well.
Turn off the heat and add sesame oil,
reserved bacon pieces and sesame seeds. Mix them well.
Sprinkle some black pepper if you like…
Sunny side up for me, please…
Place the egg on top of the fried rice.
- 1/4 head cabbage Kimchee, chopped, about 1 1/2C
- 4-6 bacon strips
- 2 C cooked rice heated
- 1-2T Kimchee juice
- 1t sesame oil
- 1t sesame seeds
- dash black pepper
- 2 eggs
- Some spring onion chopped for garnish, optional
- Dice the bacon strips into small pieces, set aside.
- Discard stuffing from the cabbage Kimchee and chop them into small pieces.
- Brown the bacon pieces in the fry pan over medium heat until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using a paper towel remove half of bacon fat from the pan. Add the chopped Kimchee into the pan and saute them well until nice and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and combine them well with Kimchee mixture over the medium heat. Add the reserved Kimchee juice to moisten the fried rice. Continue to stir until heated through.
- Turn off the heat.Add sesame oil, sesame seeds, and the bacon pieces. Mix well.
- Fry eggs into sunny side up and place on top of the fried rice.
- Serve immediately.