Wholesome Carrot Oat Bread Recipe
This is a very moist and wholesome carrot oat bread recipe. You can serve this sweet carrot bread as a snack, breakfast, or even as a dessert.
I like to bake a loaf of quick sweet bread to serve for breakfast or as an afternoon snack for my family. And this carrot oat bread served the purpose perfectly.
I like a recipe that is quick to put together with a satisfying result; not too sweet, mushy, dry, or greasy. And if it is considered somewhat healthy? That recipe would be sitting in the hall of fame recipe collection box of mine.
Banana bread is perhaps the most popular and common sweet bread that everyone on this planet bakes often, and I believe everyone has their best recipe for it. So I am not sharing the ever popular banana bread recipe although I have my favorite.
More Sweet Bread Recipes
Instead, I would like to share with you this carrot oat bread recipe that my family likes. It is unbelievably moist and soft. The addition of rolled oats makes this bread wholesome and the bread stays moist for a couple of days (if it lasts that long). If you like walnuts and dried dates or raisins, adding them to this bread would be even more tasty.
Carrot Bread with Oats
Carrots are one of the cheapest vegetables (in terms of the price not the nutrition-wise) and oats are wholesome. So combining these two in a sweet bread is my kind of *the sweet meets the healthy* version of the low budget snack for my families with serious sweet teeth. Yup!
I don’t think I need to explain every single step on this recipe like I would do on my Korean recipes. You will understand how easily they can be put together by just looking at the photos.
You don’t need a mixer. Just a mixing bowl, a whisk, and a spatula is all you need. Oh, a handful of sweet love is an optional addition!
How to make Carrot Oat Bread
In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, sugars, eggs, vanilla and mix well.
Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together; then add to the wet mixture.
Fold in the carrots, 1/2 cup rolled oats, walnuts and dates (if using) just until everything is combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of rolled oats on top. Bake it in the preheated oven for 1 hr or until a tester comes out clean.
Done! Looking good, right! Wait until it cools down.
I had to eat one slice as I was shooting some beauty shots on this bread. The bread crumb is very tender and moist, and the sweetness is just right. The combination of cinnamon and nutmeg enhances the flavor of carrot perfectly without overpowering.
My husband took this bread to work and told me that it was raved about by his coworkers. (Well…, I hope he was telling the truth.)
Enjoy your carrots! After all, they are not just only for Peter Rabbit, but for all of us, the non-rabbit two legged species.
Watch Oat Carrot Bread Recipe Video
More Sweet Bread Recipes
If you are looking for more sweet treats, try these sweet bread recipes. Some of my favorites are;
- Sugar and Butter Brioche Galette (Brioche Tart)
- Traditional Finnish Cardamom Bread Recipe (Pulla)
- Black Bottom Banana Cake
- Club Med White Chocolate Bread
Wholesome Carrot Oat Bread
- 1 cup flour
- 1-1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnut, optional
- 1/2 cup dried dates or raisins, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Grease a 8×4 loaf pan and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, sugars, eggs, vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the oil mixture and stir a few strokes. Fold in the carrots, 1/2 cup rolled oats, walnuts and dates (if using) just until everything is combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of rolled oats on top. Bake it in the preheated oven for 1 hr or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wired rack before you slice.