Here is one ultimate gochujang sauce that you can use in many different Korean dishes.
I often make this sauce in a large amount and store in the refrigerator. It can last up to one month and even longer if well stored. I use it to top my cold noodles, on a grilled fish or chicken, dip my vegetables, and many more. That way you don’t have to make the sauce every time you crave those dishes. It saves your cooking time and less dishes to wash. How divine!
Grate the apple and pear and mix with Korean chili paste, gochujnag!
Add garlic powder, onion powder, sugar, lemon juice, toasted sesame seeds and corn syrup.
Add Korean chili flakes…
and mix well to create the red beauty!
This gochujang sauce is perfect to dip vegetables such as steamed broccoli.
Try with cold vermicelli or noodles, too. You will taste the coolness of simple Korean noodles!
Create something gorgeous with this delicious sauce. Yes, it is definitely spicy! But it is a small price to pay to indulge in delicious Korean food, right?
- 6 tablespoons gochujang
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- ¼ Asian pear peeled, seeded, and grated
- ¼ sweet apple peeled, seeded, and grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon Korean chili flakes (gochugaru)
- In mixing bowl combine all the ingredients. Mix well.
- Store the sauce in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator all time. It can last upto one month.