These mango coconut cupcakes are a wonderful summer treat. The honey cream cheese frosting is velvety soft and matches the mango and coconut flavor of these cupcakes very well.
I love anything mango. It is a versatile fruit that you can use in both savory dishes and sweet desserts. I used fresh mango to make these adorable mango coconut cupcakes.
I added some flaked coconut to make it even more delicious and the honey cream cheese frosting is the perfect match.
These mango coconut cupcakes are a wonderful summer treat that anyone will love. If you love mango and coconut, these little cupcakes will surely please you.
Ingredients for mango coconut cupcakes
- sweetened flaked coconut
- baking powder
- melted butter
- 1-2 fresh mango
How to make the honey cream cheese frosting
- softened cream cheese
- softened butter
- powdered sugar
Whip together the cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar a little bit at a time, then add the honey to get the right consistency.
Decorating mango coconut cupcakes
You don’t need to use a piping bag to top the frosting on the cake. A spoon or spatula will serve the purpose. However if you want to make it more decorative, I suggest to use a piping bag with a decorative tip of your choice.
I used a star tip (Wilton 1M) to decorate mine. I just swirled around on top of cake until it forms peak at top.
If you wish, sprinkle with more flaked coconut on top and put 1-2 pieces of fresh mango to identify them that they are mango and coconut cupcakes. That’s all.
More Mango Recipes
Mango Coconut Cupcakes with Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
For the cupcakes;
- 1 1/2 c cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup diced fresh mango
- More coconut and mango pieces to garnish
For the frosting;
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- pinch salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together flour, coconut, baking powder and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, melted butter, and eggs. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and milk alternately into the butter mixture and mix until combined. Add the mango pieces into the batter and fold together.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Rest the cake in a pan for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to an rack and cool completely.
- For the frosting, whip the cream cheese and butter in a electric mixer with a paddle attachment until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar a little at a time. Add the honey and mix well. Put the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a star tip and decorate the cupcakes as you please. Garnish with more coconut and mango pieces.