Whether you want to serve your family a snack or entertain your party guests with an appetizer, these delicious Korean pancakes will surely put smiles on their faces. With a crispy outer texture, they are irresistibly tasty and so easy to make at home.
Korean pancakes often become a highlight at any Korean dinner party. The varieties range from savory to sweet. These pancakes are easy to make and they will be a popular dish to please your guests.
Here’s a collection of 8 Korean pancake recipes that you can easily make at home. Since they are easy and simple, try to make them all and see which one you like the best.
- Scallion Pancakes with Dipping Sauce (Pa-jeon, 파전)
- Crispy Quick Spinach Pancakes (Shigumchi-jeon, 시금치전)
- Cheesy Kimchi Potato Pancakes (Cheese kimchi gamja-jeon, 치즈김치 감자전)
- Mung Bean Pancakes (Bindaetteok, 빈대떡)
- Korean Sweet Pancakes (Hottek, 호떡)
- Korean Radish Pancakes (Mu-jeon, 무전)
- Curry Kimchi Pancakes (Curry kimchi-jeon, 카레 김치전)
- Pumpkin Pancakes (Hobak-jeon, 호박전)
If you have tried any of these recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest. Love to see your creation!
8 Delicious Korean Pancake Recipes: Crispy Spinach Pancakes
- 1/2 lb fresh whole spinach cleaned
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 to 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 cup ice water
Lemon soy dipping sauce
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds optional
- Cut spinach about 1.5-inch long pieces and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add the onion, salt, and 1 cup of flour to the spinach.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water and toss everything together by using a spoon or a tong. Add more flour and water if you prefer doughier pancakes. The batter consistency can be adjusted by your preference.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place a spoonful of spinach batter in a hot skillet and fry for 2-3 minute or until golden and crispy. Flip to the other side and continue to fry for another 2-3 minute. If your skillet seems dry, drizzle more oil as needed.
- Serve the pancakes hot with the dipping sauce.
- To make the dipping sauce, combining the soy sauce, lemon juice, and toasted sesame seeds in a small mixing bowl.