Whether you want to serve your family a snack or entertain your party guests with an appetizer, these delicious Korean pancake recipes will surely put smiles on their faces. With a crispy outer texture, they are irresistibly tasty and so easy to make at home.
Korean pancakes often become a highlight at any Korean dinner party. The varieties range from savory to sweet. These Korean pancake recipes are easy to make and they will be a popular dish to please your guests.
Here’s a collection of 9 Korean pancakes that you can easily make at home. Since they are easy and simple, try to make them all and see which one you like the best.
- Scallion Pancakes with Dipping Sauce (Pa-jeon, 파전)
- Crispy Quick Spinach Pancakes (Shigumchi-jeon, 시금치전)
- Korean Potato Pancakes (Gamja-jeon)
- Cheesy Kimchi Potato Pancakes (Cheese kimchi gamja-jeon, 치즈김치 감자전)
- Mung Bean Pancakes (Bindaetteok, 빈대떡)
- Korean Sweet Pancakes (Hottek, 호떡)
- Korean Radish Pancakes (Mu-jeon, 무전)
- Curry Kimchi Pancakes (Curry kimchi-jeon, 카레 김치전)
- Pumpkin Pancakes (Hobak-jeon, 호박전)
And there you have it – 9 delicious Korean Pancakes that you can enjoy with your loved ones! I hope this list brought you some inspiration for your Korean cooking adventure.
If you have tried any of these recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest. Love to see your creation!
9 Delicious Korean Pancake Recipes: Crispy Spinach Pancakes
- 1/2 lb fresh whole spinach cleaned
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 to 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 cup ice water
Lemon soy dipping sauce
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds optional
- Cut spinach about 1.5-inch long pieces and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add the onion, salt, and 1 cup of flour to the spinach.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water and toss everything together by using a spoon or a tong. Add more flour and water if you prefer doughier pancakes. The batter consistency can be adjusted by your preference.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place a spoonful of spinach batter in a hot skillet and fry for 2-3 minute or until golden and crispy. Flip to the other side and continue to fry for another 2-3 minute. If your skillet seems dry, drizzle more oil as needed.
- Serve the pancakes hot with the dipping sauce.
- To make the dipping sauce, combining the soy sauce, lemon juice, and toasted sesame seeds in a small mixing bowl.