Quick Beef and Cucumber Stir-Fry
If you have abundant cucumbers, this tender beef and cucumber stir-fry is a perfect rice bowl dish to have for an easy, quick weeknight meal. Enjoy the crunchy texture of cucumbers with tender beef in a mellow soy sauce seasoning; all within 20 minutes.
You might think it is weird to stir-fry cucumbers but the stir-fried cucumbers are quite tasty and still remains its crunch texture. This beef and cucumber stir-fry recipe can assure you that.
I made a simple stir fried beef and cucumber the other day. I seasoned the thin slices of beef with Korean flavored sauce, then stir-fried with cucumbers and some red chilies.
This beef and cucumber stir-fry will be a perfect simple meal for a warm day and it is very easy and quick to make.
If you have a ton of garden fresh cucumbers, consider making Korean cucumber kimchi — a great way to use up the cucumbers!
In order to maintain the crunch texture of cucumber, toss with salt for a few minutes before you add to the stir-frying. That will extract some moisture out of cucumbers and help retain its crispness.
Ingredients you’ll need for this recipe
- beef sirloin or striploin
- fresh chili – optional
- Korean soup soy sauce (gukganjang)
- sesame oil
- toasted sesame seeds
How to make beef and cucumber stir-fry
Remove the cucumber seeds and slice thinly.
Add a little bit of salt, toss, and let it sit for 10 minutes.
Slice your beef into thin matchsticks against the grain.
Add the Korean soy sauce for soup, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, sesame oil, and pepper. Toss them well and set aside.
Squeeze out the cucumber slices to remove the moisture.
Then stir-fry in a little bit of oil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the skillet.
Stir-fry the beef and red chili (if using) until the beef is no longer in pink.
Add the cucumber slices and toss all together. Sprinkle some sesame seeds at the end and it is good to go.
Enjoy the crunch deliciousness of cucumber and the tender Korean flavored beef. You will definitely need some rice to serve with.
I think I can eat this again and again and will never get tired of. Hope you guys give it a shot. It is simple, quick and delicious, good for you kind of stir-fry. So why not?
More Quick Stir-Fry Recipes
- Quick Cumin Beef Stir-Fry
- Yellow Chives and Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 20 minutes Chicken Mango Stir-fry
- Squid Shrimp Stir-fry with Soybean Paste
- Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- Beef and Peppers Stir-fry in Black Bean Sauce
- Thai Beef and Basil Stir-Fry (Under 20 Minutes)
Beef and Cucumber Stir-fry
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 red chili, seeded and slice
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Place cucumber slices in a bowl and add the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Squeeze out the cucumbers to remove the moisture.
- For the beef, combine beef with Korean soy sauce for soup, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, sugar, and pepper in a small mixing bowl; set aside.
- For the stir-fry, heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the cucumber slices and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Remove the cucumbers and set aside.
- Add the beef and red chili slices to the skillet and stir-fry until they are just browned. Return the cucumbers and toss with beef and chili. Sprinkle sesame seeds and serve with rice.