Living with two growing teenagers, breakfast is always in a hurry. I always look for savory breakfast ideas to feed my family on the busy weekday morning. This quick breakfast stuffed tortilla egg roll is super easy and quick breakfast idea you can make with leftover tortilla. The tortilla is wrapped with an egg stuffed with spinach and cheese. You can stuff with pretty much anything you have. It only takes less than 5 minutes to make this simple yet tasty breakfast stuffed tortilla egg roll.
I recommend to use either Fajita or Taco size flour tortilla for the roll.
Crack an egg and sprinkle with chopped green onion. Lay a piece of tortilla while the egg is still wet, then top with whatever topping you like. I used spinach and some shredded cheese. I can picture some chopped ham, sausage, tomato, mushroom, and pepper would be very nice with this quick breakfast tortilla egg roll, too.
Fold the egg and tortilla layer to roll the stuffing inside and finish the cooking. That’s all.
I like to serve with bottle salsa. Avocado slices or guacamole would be very nice, too. Quick, easy, and nutritionally balanced breakfast doesn’t have to take so long to make. You will like it.
1 minPrep Time
3 minCook Time
4 minTotal Time
- 1 piece flour tortilla, Fajita or Taco size
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 4-5 spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese
- 1-2 teaspoon oil
- bottled salsa, avocado slices, or guacamole for garnish
- Heat oil in a skillet over low heat. Crack the egg and break the yolk. Sprinkle chopped green onion on the egg.
- Lay the tortilla over the egg while the egg is still wet. Top the tortilla with spinach and cheese.
- With the spatula, life up the egg and tortilla layer and fold over the spinach and cheese topping to cover half way. Fold the layers again to cover completely.
- Raise the heat to medium and finish cooking until the egg is fully cooked and the tortilla is slightly golden, about 30 seconds on each side.
- Serve hot with bottled salsa, sliced avocado or guacamole.