It’s October! Yeah! I just love fall season, even the smell of it. The pies, the hot ciders, the bread, and even my kimchee in the fridge…
I picked tons of apples in the local orchard last weekend, I’ve been eating apples at least one everyday. Koreans believe eating an apple a day will make you look radiant(?), so someday I hope my face will be radiant like a laser beam… I better start the conquest on my apples.
So, this was what I made to compliment my Tonkatsu, the pork cutlet.
Are there anyone who doesn’t like apples? You won’t get the laser beam face… ☺
Well, if you don’t like apples, you won’t notice that much in this coleslaw. If you love apples, you definitely can tell the difference.
Wonderful compliment any BBQ dish, I love this simple yet full of flavor apple coleslaw.
It is better to chill this slaw for 1 hr so the flavors can incorporate each other. But don’t leave too long, it will get watery and soggy.
So far so good. We will see…
Com’on! Show off your slicing skill! ☺
…I used golden delicious and Jonathan…
I like my carrots to be very thin.
Soak them in the water for about 10 minutes.
Drain them well. No need to rinse.
Don’t forget to add vinegar to the dressing.
Chop red onion,
Put all the ingredients in a bowl and pour the dressing over.
One recipe to go for my apples!
Suddenly the song I use to hear in the radio in Korea all the time comes to my mind.
You are the apple of my eye,
Forever you’ll stay in my heart
Though I’ve loved you for a million years,
And if I thought our love was ending,
I’d find myself drowning in my own tears
and be radiant…
- ½ small cabbage, shredded thinly
- 2 apples, julienne
- 1 carrot, thinly julienne
- 1tsp vinegar
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ¼C chopped parsley
- 1T roasted sesame seeds, optional
- ½C mayonnaise
- 2T apple cider vinegar
- 3T honey
- 1tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Place cabbages, apples, carrots in a bowl with cold water. Add 1 tsp of vinegar and let them soak for 10 minutes. Drain and place them in a mixing bowl. Add red onion and parsley.
- In a small bowl whisk mayonnaise, cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the slaw and toss well. Sprinkle sesame seeds if you wish. Chill 1 hr before serving.