This easy and delicious salmon recipe with green beans, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese is for a salmon lover. Delicious over rice or pasta!
I used to not like salmon. I am not sure why.
Maybe because I grew up eating ocean fresh fishes of South Korea and never got used to these type of fatty fish from the North Atlantic ocean. Anyhow, to make the long story short…, I enjoy my salmons now.
Salmons are quite versatile fish to come up with different ways to enjoy. Here is one dish that I feed my family often, Salmon with green beans and tomatoes.
Very simple with only a few ingredients that everyone might have, you can put this dish on your dinner table in a very short time.
The taste…? Delicious, of course! Even people who doesn’t like fishes raved.
And yes, it is HEALTHY!
Sprinkle generous amount of salt and lemon pepper to your beautiful fillet of salmon.
Sprinkle paprika, too. I didn’t realize until now that the newspaper they used to wrap this fish was written in Arabic. I am so living in a foreign land. I feel exotic…
Heat oil on your skillet and sear your fillet skin side down first, about 5 minutes.
FLIP and sear on the flesh side, another 5 minutes. You will see the fish will leak lots of oil.
Meanwhile trim your green beans and blanch in the boiling water until soft yet firm. Mine was perfect at 3 minutes.
Cut your beautiful cherry tomatoes in half.
Break your salmon into big bite size chunks using a fork. I discard the skin.
A quick rinse to the skillet which I used to sear the salmon.
Melt butter over medium heat and fry some chopped green onion and garlic (which I forgot to take a picture).
Add green beans and season with salt. Continue to cook over medium heat.
Add salmon and tomatoes. Heat through.
I like to add a few dashes of hot sauce to this dish. It just adds a nice zing. You can use Tabasco as well.
Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese, toss, and you are good to go. I serve with rice but any pasta would be great as well.
Succulent salmon, vibrant colors of green beans and tomatoes…
What’s not there to love?
Well, well, well…
It’s time for me to say my summer goodbye.
I am taking my annual summer break from blogging again.
I am excited to re-bond with the nature of wild-wild-west of U.S spending time with my in-laws.
I will be back in August.
I can’t blog while I’m gone but I will be opened to messages, so feel free to drop a note.
Till we meet again, have a spectacular summer and stay cool!
Salmon with Green Beans and Tomatoes
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- dashes paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 oz green beans trimmed and cooked in the water to crisp tender
- 6 oz cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- pinches kosher salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- dashes hot sauce optional
- Sprinkle generous amount of salt, lemon pepper, and paprika over salmon fillet on both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and sear the fillet for 5 minutes on each side or until the salmon is almost cook through and creates crisp crusts. Do not overcook your salmon.
- Remove the salmon filet and set aside. Rinse your skillet and wipe dry.
- Break your salmon fillet to big bite size chunks using forks. Set aside.
- Bring the skillet over medium heat and melt butter. Add the green onion and garlic, saute for 1 minute. Add the green beans and season with salt, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Return the salmon chunks and tomatoes to the mixture and heat through. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir. Add a few dashes of hot sauce if you wish.
- Serve warm over rice or pasta.