Korean Fish Cake and Vegetable Side Dish
Simple Korean side dish made with fish cake and vegetable. Onion and bell pepper are stir-fried with fish cake in oyster sauce seasoning. It’s easy and quick to make and tastes wonderful with rice.
Fish Cakes with Vegetables
Fish cakes are commonly used all over in Asia. I love them. They are made with ground fish meat mixed in various types of starch and other ingredients such as vegetables or other types of seafood like shrimps or squids.
- First, it is always good idea to give these fishy guys hot shower to get rid of extra coated oil. Blot them with paper towel to dry them.
Slice the cakes any way you like.
Slice these vegetable quartets as well, even garlic. I would slice the carrot as thin as possible though.
Heat oil over medium heat and saute garlic and carrots first for 2 minutes to soften their hearts. Then add the rest of the family to reunite with them. Saute until crisp tender.
Dump the fish cakes and let them socialize with the others in the party. Add the oyster sauce and stir well.
This is an optional, but Korean Corn syrup will give very nice “bling-bling”-like shine to these guys. Drizzle and stir. Sprinkle some sesame seeds. I used both white and black seeds.I know I could have eaten the leftover chicken casserole from last night’s dinner that nobody cared for.But I am saving that for leftover night. 🙂I bet the chicken in the casserole will be happier if the entire family around the dinner table stares at him once again.Life goes on, as busy as always. Now, what should I make for dinner?
Korean Fish Cake and Vegetable Side DishSimple Korean side dish made with fish cakes, onion and bell peppers in oyster sauce. It's easy and quick to make and tastes great with rice.
- 1 lb fish cakes of your choice, Korean style
- 1 Tbsp grape seed oil or canola oil
- 1/2 medium carrot, julienne thinly
- 1 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1-1 1/2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup, optional
- some sesame seeds
Serving: 4gDid you make this recipe?Tag @beyondkimchee on Instagram. I love to see your masterpiece.
- Rinse the fish cakes with hot water, blot them with paper towel and slice them into desired size.
- Heat oil in the skillet over medium heat and saute carrots and garlic to soften, about 2 minutes. Add onion and pepper and stir-fry for 2-3 minute. Add the fish cakes and continue to stir-fry until the vegetables are crisp tender. Add the oyster sauce and stir well. Add corn syrup if you desire glistening shine. Sprinkle sesame seeds over. Serve hot or at room temperature with rice.