Banoffee Pie = Bananas + Toffee. This popular English dessert has a rich combination of different textures and flavors. Banoffee pie combines a crust made from either digestive biscuits or graham cracker with silky dulce de leche, bananas, and homemade whipped cream.
- 1 can 14 oz sweet condensed milk
- 3 bananas peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cup digestive biscuit or graham cracker crumbs
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 1-1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- chocolate syrup to garnish optional
- To make the dulce de leche; Remove the label from the condensed milk and put it in a pot of simmering water over low heat; cook for 3 hrs and set aside to cool.
- For the Crust; Preheat the oven to 350?F. Mix together cookie crumbs, brown sugar, and butter. Pour in a 9-inch pie pan and gently press down. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes and cool completely. Chilling is even better.
- For the whipped cream; add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the whipping cream and beat on high speed until medium peaks form.
- Open the can and take the dulce de leche out of can and spread on the crust. Top with the sliced bananas and whipped cream. Make sure to cover the banana completely with the whipped cream to prevent them from browning. Garnish with chocolate syrup if using. Chill the pie uncovered for 1 hr before you serve.
- Store the leftover pie in a fridge upto 4 days.