I like all kinds of sticky glazed chicken dishes, such as sweet & sour chicken, lemon chicken, orange chicken, General Tso, and etc. Those sweet and salty tasting sauce makes the chicken somehow alive. However all the dishes I mentioned are deep-fried, which I don’t mind but try not to consume too often. Here is another great sticky glazed chicken dish; apricot glazed chicken breast! And this chicken dish is not deep-fried, and so easy and quick to make. Who wouldn’t love the sticky sauce? And you don’t need to use chopstick for this one, LOL.
If you want to see how I made this recipe, check out my tutorial video for detailed instructions.
For more glazed type of chicken or beef dishes, check these recipes below.
I think the apricot goes so well with chicken breast and the apricot preserve adds the right amount of sweetness to the glaze. Compared to other fruit jams or preserves, its mild flavor accompany the chicken breasts without overtaking the flavor. The good thing about this apricot glazed chicken breast is that you can make this within 30 minutes with ingredients you might already have in your pantry. You will love this sticky, sweet and tangy apricot glaze over the chicken breasts.
What are the ingredients?
- chicken breasts
- apricot preserve or jam
- soy sauce
- rice vinegar or white vinegar
- ginger puree
- red chili flakes (optional)
- olive oil + butter
How did I make?
I used lean chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper, then saute in olive oil + butter until golden brown crust forms.
Make the glaze sauce by simply combining the apricot preserve, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and a little bit of red chili flakes for some kick.
You pour the sauce over chicken and let it bubble. Cover with a lid and let the chicken cook, about 10-15 minutes depends on the thickness. Uncover and let the sauce thicken over high heat, about 2-3 minutes, drizzling the sauce over the chicken. The sauce will thicken even more while you are letting it cool.
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 3 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup apricot preserve
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp ginger puree
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- a few dashes red chili flakes
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper lightly.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until the golden crust forms on each side.
- Meanwhile mix preserve, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and chili flakes in a small mixing bowl. Pour the sauce over the chicken and let it bubble. Cover with lid and cook for 10-15 minutes over med-low heat until chicken breasts are fully cooked. Uncover and raise the heat to high. Boil up the sauce again and let it thickens, about 3-4 minutes spooning the sauce over the chicken occasionally.
- When the sauce reduces to half, remove the skillet from the heat and let the chicken cool slightly. The sauce will thicken even more and turn into a glaze. Serve the chicken over rice.