When you see the bundles of thick asparagus, you can tell it is spring time. I love asparagus. For my humble opinion, the best way to enjoy these spring vegetable is by roasting them. I made the roasted asparagus with brown butter balsamic sauce. It is incredibly tasty and quick to put together.
Easter is coming soon and I can’t think of any other vegetable side dish other than asparagus for some reason. I don’t think I can eat asparagus another way after I taste this recipe. Look for the asparagus that are rather thick than thin. Roasting makes them crisp tender. If they are too thin, they become mushy.
You only need 3 ingredients to make the brown butter balsamic sauce. Butter, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce. That’s all!
I mean you can add garlic or onion to add another layer of flavor, but I don’t think it is necessary. Try to enjoy the fresh taste of asparagus with the delicious sauce.
All you need to do is to roast asparagus that has been tossed with a little bit of olive oil, salt and black pepper. While asparagus is roasting, brown the butter until it becomes deep golden brown, then mix with balsamic vinegar and soy sauce. When the asparagus are done, toss them with the sauce. That’s all. How easy is that? I don’t think you can go wrong with this recipe.
I love the crisp tenderness of the asparagus slobbered in the fragrant brown butter balsamic sauce. Yum~!! You can literally lick the plate off with the sauce.
I am sure you can find a bundle of nice thick asparagus at the store these days. So don’t miss out this tasty recipe. I know you will love it, too.
Roasted Asparagus with Brown Butter Balsamic Sauce
- 1 bundle asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F
- Break off the woody white parts of asparagus and lay them over on a baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil and season with salt and pepper lightly. Roast the asparagus for 10-15 minutes depends on their thickness until they are crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small sauce pan over low heat and brown until it turns deep golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Spoon up the foam on the top and discard. Mix in balsamic vinegar and soy sauce.
- When the asparagus is roasted, drizzle the sauce over and toss well. Serve warm or at room temperature.