Soy sauce paired with Balsamic vinegar…, you already know how good they are together.
I am a huge balsamic vinegar lover and always trying to use in many different recipes. This Soy Balsamic Chicken Thighs with Asparagus recipe is a dish that you can easily make at home with ingredients that you might already have in your kitchen. Sweeeet~!
I like to use chicken thighs with bones because they stays moist in the long cooking time and brings the best flavor without going dry or greasy.
Just prepare the marinade in the morning and cook them in the evening. The succulent finger licking good chicken dinner is ready and the asparagus is a bonus gift!
In a ziplock bag, combine soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic, Pepper, and parsley. Mix well.
Chicken thighs! I like to remove the skin to cut the fat in the glaze, but you can keep it if you prefer moister chicken.
Add melted butter or olive oil to the marinade mixture and mix.
Add the chicken thighs and massage to coat them with the marinade. You want these guys to be marinaded for at least 4 hours in the fridge. Overnight is even better.
Place the on the baking pan lined with foil (for easy clean-up afterward). I like the flavor comes from the butter but the melted butter can curdle during the refrigeration. But it will melt again in the oven so I won’t bother.
Bake in the preheated 400˚F oven and bake for 30 minutes. The chicken should be cooked well.
Then I added some asparagus to the pan. Switch the oven heat from the baking to broil setting. Broil for 6-10 minutes until the glaze is formed and the asparagus is roasted. Turn the thighs to the other side during the broiling to be glazed evenly. Watch carefully!
Here is the finished dish of tonight’s dinner for my family. I just tossed the asparagus to coat with the delicious glaze on the bottom of the pan.
Even without any added sugar, the chicken is finger licking sweet and tangy, and the garlic brings the “it” factor of the entire flavor of balsamic. Of course, the asparagus is just perfect to partner the chicken on my plate, too. Yum!
Start your weeknight with a delicious chicken dinner! Your loved ones will be so happy!
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- dashes black pepper
- 1/4 cup melted butter or olive oil
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, preferably skin removed
- 1 bundle asparagus, trimmed
- In a ziplock bag, combine vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, parsley, pepper. Mix well. Add the melted butter or olive oil to the bag and mix well. Add the chicken thighs and coat with the sauce. Marinade in the fridge for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Place chicken thighs and the marinade on a baking pan (I like to line with foil for an easy cleanup after). Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Take the chicken out of the oven. Switch the oven setting from baking to broiling.
- Turn the chicken over and scatter the asparagus and coat with the sauce on the pan. Place the pan on the top rack in the oven, about 4-5″ from the heating source, and broil the chicken and the asparagus for 6-10 minutes until the glaze is set. Turn your chicken to the other side during the broiling. Watch carefully not to burn.
- Take out the pan and coat the chicken and the asparagus with the remaining glaze on the pan. Serve hot!