This southern style easy blackberry cobbler recipe works like a charm. It only takes 5 minutes to put together before you bake. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
How can you pass by the packets of blackberries when they sell two for just 99 cents? I regret that I only purchased 4 of them. I made a batch of very easy southern blackberry cobbler with them just to celebrate a bargain I got.
This easy blackberry cobbler is very EASY, as title says. You don’t need to cut in cold butter into tiny pieces to blend in with flour. All you need to do is just to pour over one ingredient after another. This blackberry cobbler will be the easiest cobbler you can make. And perhaps, the tastiest one, too.
Rinse your blackberries with water and sprinkle a little bit of corn starch to coat. This will help thicken the fruit juice during the baking.
MELT THE BUTTER IN THE OVEN
I left my baking pan with chunks of butter in the oven as I was preheating. Your butter will melt beautifully in the oven.
THE QUICK BATTER – DO NOT STIR
Mix all the batter ingredients.
And pour the batter evenly over the melted butter. DO NOT STIR at this stage.
Add the blackberries and bake for 35 minutes in the preheated 350˚F oven.
THE FINAL TOUCH – SUGAR
Take the baking pan our of the oven and sprinkle sugar on top. Continue to bake 10 more minutes. This will make crusty crust.
SERVE WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM
Is there anything better than a bowl of warm cobber with cold vanilla ice cream? Nah~!
It is my kind of sweet finale that I would take any day of the week. Blackberries are great to make cobbler with. With this easy blackberry cobbler recipe, you get to enjoy the fruit of your labor with hardly any effort. That’s a very good thing if you ask me.
Easy Blackberry Cobbler
- 18 oz blackberry
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 6 tbsp butter cut into 3 chunks
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp sugar divided
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put butter in a 2.5 qt baking dish and put the dish inside the oven. Turn on the oven to 350˚F. Check the butter in 5 minutes to see if it is melted.
- Coat blackberries with cornstarch; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bow, combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, and vanilla. Whisk well to mix.
- When the butter is melted, take the baking dish out of oven. Pour the batter mixture evenly over the melted butter. Do not stir.
- Distribute berries evenly over the mixture but do not stir. Bake it in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar on top. Continue to bake for another 10 minutes or until the crust gets lightly golden.
- Serve the cobber warm with a scoop of cold vanilla ice cream