Harvest Punch (Korean Cold Remedy Drink)
This Korean cold remedy drink contains Korean pear, dried jujube, cinnamon, ginger, and honey. A natural way to relieve the cold symptom and sooth your sore throat and coughing.
- 25 pieces dried jujube (daechu) sliced
- 1 large Asian pear quartered and seeded
- 3 inch ginger thinly sliced
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 quart (2.8 liter) water
- honey (preferably manuka honey) to sweetened
- 1.5 liter ginger ale to make it as a cold punch, optional
- 2 tbsp pine nuts for garnish optional
In a large pot combine jujube, pear, ginger, cinnamon sticks, and water. Cover the pot with a lid and bring to boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour or a little longer.
Strain the juice to reserve and discard the everything else.
Sweeten with honey when you serve as a tea.
If you wan to make this as a punch, sweeten the juice with sugar or/and honey, chill in the frefrigerato until cold, about 3 hours. Before you serve, pour ginger ale and mix.
Sprinkle pine nuts to garnish.