About this lemon pie.. 1. uses a graham cracker crust 2. no need to bake 3. tanginess from sour cream 4. has a luscious & velvety texture
– Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. – Press the crust mixture evenly into a 9-inch pie pan.
– Zest a lemon first, then juice the lemons to make 1/2 cup.
– Whisk sugar, cornstarch, salt, lemon juice, milk. – Heat the lemon filling mixture over medium heat until hot whisking constantly.
– Slowly pour hot mixture a little bit at a time as you whisk to temper the egg yolks.
– Pour the mixture back to the pot and cook until it thickens and bubbles. – Turn off the heat and immediately stir in the butter. Cool 15 minutes.
– Whisk in the sour cream and lemon zest until completely combined.
– Pour into the pie crust and refrigerate for 4 hours, until chilled.
– Pipe whipped cream around the edges of pie. Or spread it on in an even layer on top and garnish with thinly sliced lemons.