Oyster Soft Tofu Rice Bowl (Skillet Dinner)
This soft tofu rice bowl with oyster and kimchi makes a great one skillet dinner. Simmer in a simple spicy sauce and serve over rice.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Korean chili flakes (gochugaru)
- 2 green onion finely chopped
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped sour cabbage kimchi
- 3 tbsp dried baby anchovies
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp water
- 1 pkg extra soft or silken tofu 16 oz
- 8 oz fresh oyster cleaned
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tbsp dubanjang sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 red chili sliced optional
- 4 servings cooked rice
Heat oil in a skillet over medium low heat, add the onions and chili flakes; stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add kimchi and baby anchovies and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add 1 cup of water, tofu, oyster, soy sauce, dubanjang, oyster sauce, cornstarch, and chili; stir well and let them boil for 3-4 minutes over medium heat or until the oysters are fully cooked.
Mix cornstarch in 2 tablespoon of water and pour into the skillet. Cook one more minute to thicken the sauce slightly. Serve hot over rice.