Grilled Fish with Soy Lime Chili Sauce
Any firm textured fish, such as mackerel, grouper, croaker, or snapper, would work great with grilling.
- 1 medium size firm fish mackerel, grouper, snapper, croaker, or large anchovy, etc, well cleaned
- 1 tablespoon oil
- a few pinches coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoon Korean soup soy sauce (gukganjang)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Korean chili flakes (gochugaru)
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2-3 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Heat the grill until very hot.
Give a few slits to the fish and brush with oil. Sprinkle a few pinches salt on top. Place the fish on a hot grill and cook until done. Turn your fish to the other side carefully and finish grilling.
Meanwhile, mix Korean soy sauce for soup, lime juice (or lemon juice), garlic, chili flakes, and water in a small bowl.
Sprinkle cilantro over the grilled fish, and spoon half the amount of sauce on top. You can dip the fish with the sauce as you eat, if needed. Serve hot with rice.