Teriyaki Chicken on a skewer… is there anyone who would not take a bite?
I posted a teriyaki chicken recipe using pineapple juice a few years ago and got a great feedback from my readers. This time, I used the same recipe (plus one more ingredient to make a glaze) and adapted it for skewers.
Skewers are great to cook on a grill. However, not everyone has the access to an outdoor grill. Here I used a indoor tabletop grill to cook my skewers. It is called Orange Barbecue Grill from Livart.
It has a detachable stainless steel grate that you can adjust to change its distance from the heat source, and a bottom tray to collect the fat drippings. The manual recommends to add water on the tray when you are grilling so that it can keep the meat moist and prevent the drippings from burning, which reduces the smoke while grilling. You don’t want smoke when you are grilling indoors.
It is very easy to use and the clean up was a breeze. I can see that this grill can be used to cook Korean beef, pork belly, fish, and etc. I only wish it was a tad bigger, but this size would be good enough to cook for 2-4 people depending on what you are cooking.
For the recipe itself, all you need is boneless skinless chicken thigh, some green onions (white part only), and the teriyaki sauce recipe. Put chicken pieces and green onion onto skewers and grill until they are cooked, about 6-7 minutes on each side.
For the sauce, mix all the sauce ingredients (I added a 2 teaspoons of cornstarch) in a pot. Boil and let it thicken. Brush the sauce onto grilled chicken skewers. That’s it!
Here is a great news: a giveaway!
Livart is offering this Orange BBQ grill to one lucky person. To enter the giveaway, all you need to do is to like their facebook page and the Instagram: shoplivart. Don’t forget to come back to my comment line in my blog and mention that you liked the page.
This giveaway is open till Aug 3rd and it is only for residents in United States. Don’t miss the chance to get this smart tabletop grill, guys!
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. The product above was provided to me for testing. The giveaway is sponsored by ShopLivart. All opinions expressed here are my own.
UPDATE: This giveaway is officially closed. The winner, Dolores, is selected and contacted by Livart. Thanks for you participation.
Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken thigh cut into bite size pieces
- 4 green onions white part only cut into 1.5-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 5 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- dashes freshly cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- dashes toasted sesame seeds
- 8 bamboo skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Put chicken and green onion pieces onto skewers. Set aside
- Heat the grill very hot. Grease the grate with some oil and place the chicken skewers. Grill until the chicken is cooked through, turning once or twice.
- Meanwhile, mix soy sauce, pineapple juice, rice wine, sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, pepper, and cornstarch in a small skillet. Boil until thickened.
- Brush the sauce over the chicken skewers and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over. Serve warm.