- A day trip to Estancia, San Antonio de Areco, Argentina August 18, 2014 -
The winter in Buenos Aires looks like coming to an end. The sun filled days are beautiful these days and I'm finally beginning to explore the beauties of Argentina - starting with one of the well known Estancia near Buenos Aires.
If U.S in north America has extensive ranches with cowboys, Argentina in south America has beautiful Estancias with Gauchos. We visited Estancia La Porteña at San Antonio de Areco, about 1-1/2 hour drive from Buenos Aires.
- Hello from Buenos Aires July 2, 2014 -
Ola, Buen día! ¿Cómo estás?.
Yes, I need to speak Spanish badly - seriously, desperately for my survival. I am in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I moved to Buenos Aires about 3 weeks ago and I feel like a lost soul ever since. Without being able to speak much Spanish, my life in Buenos Aires is not as easy as I hoped for so far. Things are quite different than I used to, but I believe it will get better as time goes on.
- Malaysia, Truly Asia July 10, 2013 - Petronas Twin Towers [ aka Suria KLCC ] Kuala Lumpur Two years ago, moments before our airplane landed in Kuala Lumpur airport, I saw a video clip of introducing Malaysia presented by Malaysian tourism board. We were moving from U.S to Malaysia. The repetitive theme song of the video clip sort of got embedded […]
- Yangzhou Style Fried Rice, and trip to Yangshuo January 19, 2012 - “Oh my! Look what I got?” To my surprise, I found these gorgeous royal blue rice bowls hidden in a box that I abandoned in the storage. I totally forgot about these beautiful bowls for a few years. The memory started to flow and I remembered that I got them somewhere near Yangzhou Yangshuo, […]
- Trip to Chiang Mai, Thailand January 4, 2012 - Happy New Year everyone! I hope all of you had a wonderful time during Christmas and the New Year, enjoyed glorious food with your families and friends. Last week I put my family on a budget airline and flew to Chiang Mai, Thailand to spend a week. We had a fabulous time. Chiang Mai is […]
- Cabbage Pancakes October 20, 2011 - Hello there!!!! Have I gone too long? I am so sorry that it took so long to be back, but boy! what a summer I had… First of all, I traveled to Korea to visit my hometown. Then, my family had to cross the pacific ocean again to relocate onto a tropical land in […]
- Fresh Strawberry Pie, a trip to Lancaster county, Pennsylvania June 3, 2011 - Do you enjoy weekend getaway to country leaving the hustle and bustle city life behind, and soak up with fresh country air? There is something about country that takes a special part in my heart. I was not raised in the farm but just thinking of country life makes me feel like I’m home. Last […]