Here is very simple side dish or main depends on the degree of your hungriness. It is super quick, easy to make egg dish. This is, perhaps, one of the softest and silkiest way of enjoying the eggs, but faaaaaaaar easier than French souffle.
All you need is; Two happy eggs, some wicked salted shrimps (or salt), egg’s mommy stock, and a lonely skinny green onion.
Moment for the emotional bonding about to happen…
Straining through the mesh removes the lumps of egg white, which creates silkier texture.
Chop up these wicked guys very fine and add to the beaten eggs.
Pour them in a steam proof bowl, throw some green onion if you like…
Place a small plate on the bottom. It will help to stabilize the bowl when the water boils rapidly.
Boil for 6-8 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Eat carefully. It is HOT!
A chicken or an egg?
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp salted shrimps, finely chopped, or pinch salt
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Combine all the ingredients in a steam proof bowl. Cover the bowl with foil.
- In a pot filled with water that can reach to the half way up to the steam proof bowl in it, place a small plate on the bottom of the pot to secure the bowl during boiling. Place the bowl and cover the pot with a lid.
- Boil over medium high heat for 6-8 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Be cautious! It is very hot. Serve hot or warm with a bowl of rice.