I love anything mango. It is a versatile fruit that you can use in both savory dishes and sweet desserts. I used fresh mango to make adorable cupcakes. I added some flaked coconut to make it even more delicious and the honey cream cheese frosting is the perfect match. These mango coconut cupcakes are a wonderful summer treat that anyone will love. If you love mango and coconut, these little cupcakes will serve any purpose.
How to make mango coconut cupcakes
The ingredients you need are for cupcakes;
- sweetened flaked coconut
- baking powder
- melted butter
- 1-2 fresh mango
Whisk the dry ingredients first. Combine the wet ingredients except the milk. Mix the dry ingredient alternately with the milk into the wet ingredients. Fold in the mango pieces to the batter, then you are ready to scoop into the lined cupcake tin.
How to make the honey cream cheese frosting
- softened cream cheese
- softened butter
- powdered sugar
Whip together the cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar a little bit at a time, then add the honey to get the right consistency.
How to decorate the cupcakes
You don’t need to use a piping bag to top the frosting on the cake. A spoon or spatula will serve the purpose. However if you want to make it more decorative, I suggest to use a piping bag with a decorative tip of your choice. I used a star tip (Wilton 1M) to decorate mine. I just swirled around on top of cake until it forms peak at top. If you wish, sprinkle with more flaked coconut on top and put 1-2 pieces of fresh mango to identify them that they are mango and coconut cupcakes. That’s all.
Please check my tutorial video for detailed instructions on how I made these cupcakes and the frosting.
Yields 12 cupcakes
- 1-1/c cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup diced fresh mango
- More coconut and mango pieces to garnish
- 8 oz cream cheese, softend
- 1/2 cup butter, softend
- pinch salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 350?F. Line a muffin tin with a cupcake liner.
- Whisk together flour, coconut, baking powder and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, melted butter, and eggs. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and milk alternately into the butter mixture and mix until combined. Add the mango pieces into the batter and fold together.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Rest the cake in a pan for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to an rack and cool completely.
- For the frosting, whip the cream cheese and butter in a electric mixer with a paddle attachment until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar a little at a time. Add the honey and mix well. Put the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a star tip and decorate the cupcakes as you please. Garnish with more coconut and mango pieces.