I have enjoyed stews, pan cakes, fried rice, and patties, etc with it all through the winter. It has been a wonderful culinary journey with my fabulous Kimchee this winter.
Let’s get our hands in action! But first, allow me to wipe off my tears… Thank you.
The guest lists are; Kimchee, shrimps, tofu, chives, panko crumbs, eggs, sesame oil, sesame seeds, salt and pepper.
I used 8 of 21-25 counts big shrimps. Dice them into small chunks.
Squeeze your kimchee to remove her juice.
Chop her as fine as you can.
Wrap the tofu tightly with the cotton cloth and squeeze him to remove his juice as well.
In a bowl combine shrimps, kimchee, tofu and some chopped chives (or green onions).
Add panko crumbs, sesame oil, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, and an egg. Then I realized…
One egg was not enough to hold the mixture together. They looked too crumbly.
You want to massage them so the tofu will get mashed and incorporated with everything.
I wouldn’t worry about making perfect shape on these cakes. Save your worries to other things in life…
Pan fry them for 3-4 minutes on each side over medium to med-low heat, until nice and brown.
My sweet angel loved it. I meant to serve them as a snack but she ate them like a dinner with some rice.
My favorite season has arrived…
with their noble and strong spirit to unite…
- Squeeze kimchee to remove its juice and moisture, chop finely, reserve about 1 cup.
- Wrap tofu with a cotton cloth tightly and squeeze out to remove as much water as possible.
- In a mixing bowl combine kimchee, shrimps, and tofu. Add chives, eggs, panko crumbs, sesame oil, sesame seeds and season with salt and pepper. With your hand, massage them around to mix so the tofu will get mashed and everything gets incorporated. The mixture should feel wet and sticky.
- Heat about 1 Tbsp of oil in the skillet over medium heat. Scoop a spoonful of kimchee shrimp mixture on the skillet and gently press down to flatten a little bit. Saute for 3-4 minutes on each side until nice and brown.
- Adjust heat so they won't burn. Drizzle more oil in the skillet if needed.
- Serve hot with some rice or eat as it is.