Here are what you will need.
Heavy cream, bitter sweet chocolate unsweetened chocolate, sweet condensed milk and vanilla.
First, line 8″x8″ pan with foil and set aside.
Combine cream and condensed milk in a pot and simmer over low heat until steaming.
Unveil your chocolates and break them into pieces. I had to bring one piece into my mouth…
Add chocolates to the pot, remove the pot from the heat and let them melt in the milk/cream mixture.
This only takes a few minutes.
Bring the pot to the heat again and start whisking the mixture vigorously.
Add vanilla and continue to whisk.
Thick and shiny, the chocolate batter is ready to pour.
Pour in the foiled pan and let it set to firm up overnight or 3-4 hours in the fridge.
Rinse your knife under the hot water to warm up the blade.
and wipe on the cloth to dry.
You need to repeat this on each cut for the smoother edges.
Cut 5 or 6 on each row and columns,which makes 25 or 36 blocks.
Although I did cut mine 6 rows and 6 columns which made 36 pieces, I recommend to cut 5s to make 25 pieces. This will increase more rich and chocolaty flavor in your hot cocoa.
This is an optional. I crushed some candy canes to sprinkle on top of blocks.
Insert sticks in your chocolate blocks and sprinkle some crushed candy canes to make festive look.
You can store these on the room temperature for 1 week, 2 weeks in the fridge, and 1 month in the freezer.
XXOO XO XO
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) heavy cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (1 1/4 cup)
- 18 oz (500g) bitter sweet chocolate, break into pieces
- 4 oz (100g) unsweetened chocolate, break into pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Lollipop sticks or Popsicle sticks
- Crushed candy cane, cocoa powder, marshmallow for topping, optional
- Line 8"x8" pan with foil and set aside.
- Heat cream and condensed milk over low heat until steaming, remove from heat and add chocolates to melt.
- After 10 minutes return chocolate to low heat and whisk until the mixture is thick and shiny. Add villa and stir well.
- Pour the mixture over to the prepared pan and let it sit overnight in the roo temperature or in the fridge for 3-4 hours to firm up.
- Take your chocolate out of pan on the cutting board. Heat your knife in the hot running water t and wipe out with dry cloth before each cut.
- Cut into 5 rows and 5 columns to make 25 pieces. Insert the sticks in the center of each block.
- Wrap in a plastic wrap or waxed paper to store. They can be stored for 1 week in the room temperature, 2 weeks in the refrigerator, and 1 month in the freezer.
- To serve, heat 6 oz milk in a mug and add one stick. Let it sit 1 minute to soften, Stir vigorously to dissolve completely with a stick or a spoon. Enjoy!