Who knows? You will be the chosen one!
So here is a cute angle that might change your mind…
Then how about this?
Come on! They are just ordinary fishes but you happened to eat them whole including the head.
It is one of the easiest, simplest Korean side dish you can make, yet still beloved by millions of Koreans everyday.
Take a look.
Get baby anchovies, peanuts, soy sauce, Korean corn syrup, sesame oil, and sesame seeds.
In a small bowl combine soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and Korean corn syrup.
For Korean corn syrup I used this one. It suppose to have zero sugar but full of fiber.
Bring nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Toast your anchovies on the dry pan about 1-2 minute. They will become very dry.
This will remove any fishy smell from the anchovies.
Add the peanuts and toast them for 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low.
Add the sauce…
Quickly toss all together for 30 seconds.
Sprinkle sesame seeds at the end. Done!
It is crunch, slightly sweet, almost like a snack on its own…
And that is a curse enough for me…
- In a small bowl mix soy sauce, honey, corn syrup and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Bring nonstick skillet over medium heat and toast the anchovies on the dry pan for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the peanuts and toast for 30 seconds. Reduce the heat to low and pour the sauce over.
- Quickly toss everything together. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and mix everything well.
- Serve as a side dish with rice, hot or cold. It is good!