This post is sponsored by Hatfield and SheKnows Media
When it comes to the holiday season, food becomes the main focus on many occasions. There are many parties to attend, or parties to host. Gathering with loved ones and sharing food that has been made with love brings a precious memory in our hearts.
Preparing the food for a holiday gathering shouldn’t make you slave away in the kitchen, though. In fact, it should be easy and stress-free so that you can spend more time enjoying the spirit of holiday with your family and friends. Whether you are hosting the parties or attending the parties, I wanted to share a very delicious salad recipe that everyone can enjoy: the festive Asian style ham and rice salad! It is super easy and quick to fix. This will be a great side salad for a turkey dinner party, or wonderful to bring as a potluck dish since it travels so well. If you have leftover ham from holiday meal, this salad will be the rescue. You can make it ahead of time, too. The Asian style dressing binds the ham, rice and the winter fruits so nicely.
With the help of Hatfield products, I was able to create this festive Asian style ham and rice salad easily. I like Hatfield because it is one of Pennsylvania’s heritage brands, an American-made, family-owned, value-based company.
Hatfield products help me keep things delicious, simple and stress-free in the kitchen. Hatfield promotes the importance of having time to spend with your family. Mealtime is family time – no matter where the meal takes place.
You can find Hatfield products in grocery stores in mid-Atlantic states ranging from New England to Virginia. And no matter where you buy Hatfield, you’ll get the same exceptional quality and the same delicious taste. Click here to locate their product near you.
I used their uncured ham for this recipe. It was really juicy, tender, not overly salty like other hams I have tasted before. They have no nitrates or nitrites added, no MSG, and no artificial ingredients. That means you’ll have nothing but delicious pork in every bite. As I tasted one piece, I could immediately tell it was a quality ham. So tasty! They have different kinds of pork products, including bacon. So check their products out.
Not only that, If you are looking for more recipe ideas using Hatfield products, they have an excellent recipe channel. The videos show you easy and quick to put together meal ideas. Perfect for busy families.
The pineapple dressing is very simple. Just whisk all the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the salad. You can serve immediately or chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
I used steamed Jasmin rice, persimmon, Pomegranate seeds, and green onion to accompany the tasty ham. The vibrant colors and the sweetness of these winter fruits will make it perfect for holiday meal table. You can add a little bit of fresh red chili if you want a slight heat to the salad. Toasted nut or seeds, such as pecan or sunflower seeds, would top off the salad nicely. too.
SheKnows Media is offering a $100 Visa gift card sweepstakes prize. Please answer the question; “What Hatfield products are you excited to cook this holiday season?”, in the comment line below.
No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from SheKnows via firstname.lastname@example.org email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 11/20/17-12/31/17.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 lb Hatfield's uncured ham, cubed
- 2 cups steamed rice
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 persimmon, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1 red chili, seeded and minced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 pinch salt
- To make dressing, whisk all the dressing ingredients in a jar.
- In a large bowl, combine ham, rice, green onion, fruits, and red chili (if using). Drizzle with dressing and toss together. Sprinkle with toasted pecans or sunflower seeds on top. Serve immediately or chill for 1-2 hours.