If you like instant ramen noodles and want a different way of enjoying it, here is one idea; 10-minute ramen stir-fry with vegetables. This is a great way to use up the leftover vegetables from your fridge. Any vegetables will work. You can upgrade this dish by adding chicken, pork, shrimp to this ramen stir-fry. For me, I just topped mine with a fried egg. Whatever pleases you, put them in. The result is quick, delicious, and satisfying meal in 10 minutes.
I recommend to use Korean spicy ramen.
First, stir-fry the meat and/or vegetables until soft. Vegetables like cabbage, carrot, onion, leek, green pepper, broccoli, Swiss chard, and kale, etc would work great.
Sprinkle about 2/3 of the seasoning packet that comes in the package to the vegetables and continue to stir-fry. There is no need to make a separate sauce to season. So convenient, right?
You will need to boil the noodles separately then add to the vegetables. The trick is to cook the noodles slightly less than the package instructions. That way you can enjoy the chewiness better. Mix and serve. Drizzle a few drops of sesame oil at the end if you like. That’s all!
I topped mine with a fried egg and some bonito flakes (aka katsuobushi). You can add crushed roasted seaweed, too. Yummy~!
The ramen noodles are so chewy and delicious. You just created a plate of semi-homemade fried noodles with a fraction of time, cost and effort. Now that is what I call, “smart cooking”. Enjoy~!
10 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 packet Korean spicy ramen soup
- 2 cups assorted sliced vegetbles suited for syir-fry
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg, fried
- bonito flakes(katsuobushi) or crushed roasted seaweed, optional
- Cook the ramen noodles in the boiling water, but cook 1 minute less than the instruction says. Drain and rinse with cold water. set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, stir-fry vegetables until soft yet crisp.
- Sprinkle 2/3 of the ramen seasoning powder and continue to stir-fry.
- Add the cooked ramen noodle to the skillet and toss together. Turn off the heat and drizzle sesame oil if you like.
- Serve with an fried egg and bonito flakes (or roasted seaweed).
You can add diced chicken, shrimp or ground pork to include more protein to the dish.